Wednesday, January 9, 2013

About us part 2







How we met....


Pat and I were both attending Weber State University.  He was working toward a degree in Engineering Technology and Design graphics. I was working on my Public Relations and Advertising degree. I had just been dumped by my fiance, because he was aware that we might struggle in being able to get pregnant.  That was something he wasn't sure he wanted to deal with. So, I decided to make a leap and attend a student ward.  A few months in, I was called to be an family home evening co-chair.  A couple months later my co-chair at the time was moving and he needed to be replaced.  Lo and behold they called Patrick Stratford, a ruggedly handsome man. 

I invited him to go to dinner with my family to discuss some FHE ideas and meet my family. What was I thinking?! They told Pat my life story and joked around about my bad luck with guys. My Dad told him that they wanted to name their first born son Patrick, but my parents could only produce girls. Whoa! We weren't even dating yet. I was embarrassed. Oh well, right? Id been through more embarrassing things. I figured that Pat and I could just be FHE co-chairs and that was that. A few weeks into our calling Pat asked me to go get Ice cream at Neilsens frozen custard and since I already had a date I had to decline.  Well guess where my date took me? Neilsens Frozen custard, Yup.  Pat and his Parents and his little sister were all there. AWKWARD! 

Finally Pat decided to ask me out on a real date.  I was sort of afraid to date him and ruin our co-chairness, that seems so silly now.  I accepted and we went to eat, we talked, we laughed and then left the restaurant.  Right as we were pulling out of the restaurant I got the worst stomach ache ever! Not the kind that is caused by eating too many beans and can be easily relieved but the kind that is screaming "get me to a garbage can, toilet, bowl, bag...I don't care."  We pulled over to the nearest Maverik and ran into the bathroom.  I was in there for over an hour! Poor Pat, he just chilled in his car and he came in Maverik to see if I was okay. Finally, I was feeling better so I came out and got into his truck and I asked him to take me home.  I remember walking through the front door, down the hall, and throwing my purse onto the couch and then throwing myself on the couch.  My Mom had a look of astonishment, not even knowing what to expect from me. All I had to say was "Well, I blew that one!" She knew.  HAHAHA!!

About a month later Pat asked me out again. From that point on we have been inseparable.  We were married five months almost to the day of our first date. Best decision I have ever made!!  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hahahahah I just died laughing! What a great story! I am so happy to have met you and Pat! Good luck to the both of you!!

Unknown said...

I didn't know about the custard story. I love you guys so much!